Block 13 – Poppy: Have you ever purchased a poppy on a street corner to wear through your buttonhole? Of course. As a remembrance of fallen soldiers, they are usually red. However, poppies are grown in a variety of vibrant colors. Stitch yours in red, orange, yellow or gold.
Block 14 – Dahlia: Native to Mexico where they have grown for centuries, the Dahlia is a most versatile flower. Growing in various heights, colors and types, it does well as bedding, edging or in a cut floral arrangement. Stitching this block affords you the opportunity to choose a color to match a favorite fabric.
Your Block Pack contains:
- a supply list for the two blocks
- general instructions for completing the blocks
- two 8-1/2″ x 11″ patterns for tracing the flowers
- two color-stitch charts
- instructions for making and joining hexagons
- instructions and diagrams for completing the hexagon frames