Block 1 – Bleeding Heart: Legend has it that the Bleeding Heart came to be when a young man tried to win the love of a young woman by giving her various gifts, represented by the petals of the flower. When she still rejected his advances he pierced his heart with his sword, which caused the bleeding heart. True or not, you will find the Bleeding Heart a delight to stitch. You might even want to replace the “blood” with a teardrop bead.
Block 2 – Daisy: Often called the flower of children and innocence, there are numerous varieties of daisies. Stitching this happy flower may remind you of flower necklaces or “He loves me; He loves me not.” Feel free to change the color of the flower petals since daisies come in white, pink, and lavender, among others.
Your Block Pack contains:
- a supply list for the two blocks
- general instructions for completing the blocks
- two 8-1/2″ x 11″ patterns for tracing the flowers
- two color-stitch charts
- instructions for making and joining hexagons
- instructions and diagrams for completing the hexagon frames